Join us as we shoot for the moon!
Calling all players of netball, football, hockey, basketball or another sport you love – we are challenging you to shoot 384 goals in your favourite winter sport and get sponsored to complete your challenge.
You can complete this challenge by yourself or with team-mates and you can shoot your goals at home, down at your local park or court, during practices and games. As well as shooting 384 goals, we’d love it if you set yourself a fundraising target of $384. The funds you raise will help support people with cancer across the Canterbury-West Coast region in many ways as well as funding cancer research and programmes to help reduce cancer risk.
Why 384?! Because the moon is 384,000 km away from the Earth.
This is the perfect challenge to get you active during winter and do something special to mark the month of Matariki and the shortest day.
How it Works
Accept the challenge
& set your target
Play the sport you
Make a real
The funds you raise go directly to your chosen Cancer Society Centre. The more you raise, the bigger your impact so share like you've never shared before!
- Anonymous just donated $78.75
- SFTM fundraiser just donated $2411.60
- Halswell United just donated $147.21
- Karen O’Connor just donated $26.25
- Anonymous just donated $10.50
- Anonymous just donated $25.00
- Anonymous just donated $5.25
- Elizabeth Eckhoff just donated $21.00
- Chris and Lizzy Tully just donated $26.25
- Dawn, Jamie & Hugo Mark just donated $20.00
- Glenys,Hope and Toby just donated $26.25
- Anonymous just donated $26.25
- Robyn just donated $10.50
- Rachel Deegan just donated $26.25
- Stella just donated $10.50
- Gretel just donated $40.00
- Zoie just donated $21.00
- Charlotte Lane just donated $25.00
- Sharon just donated $26.25
- Izzy’s Uncle Steven just donated $35.00
No One Should Go Through Cancer Alone
Every week, 500 people across Aotearoa find out that they have cancer. This means that during our lifetimes most of us will experience cancer personally or have a loved one go through cancer.
Funds raised from Shoot for the Moon will go towards supporting people with cancer across the Canterbury and West Coast region.